Becoming an HRV professional
HRV certificate course
Imparting basic knowledge about heart rate variability
The introductory seminar for all those who are interested in HRV, work with it or want to measure themselves and learn all the essential basics of HRV. The seminar offers first-hand experience with heart rate variability. As a highlight, self-measurements by seminar participants will be discussed in depth. The numerous aspects recognizable in HRV and the “mechanisms in the background” are made transparent: How are physiological processes reflected in the numbers, data and facts? How do different physical and mental demands, regeneration, sleep and some more show up in the life fire spectrogram?
Goal: Upon completion of this module, you will be able to perform, analyze, and evaluate initial HRV measurements in your own environment. You know the most important technical terms of HRV and their importance for health.
- The philosophy of health education
- Chronobiology, rhythm, resonance – the scientific background
- Heart rate variability – what is it?
- The history of HRV
- Mathematical and medical basics of HRV
- The transformation of HRV data into the Lifefire Spectrogram.
- The human as a time and frequency phenomenon
- Introduction to the web-based analysis portal
- How physiological processes become visible in HRV
- Image training – recognizing the most important syndromes in HRV.
- Striking example images from practice
- First self-measurement and training in the use of the technology
- Latest results of own and international research
Module 1 is recognized by the Professional Association of Austrian Psychologists (BÖP) as a continuing education and training event according to § 33 Psychologists Act 2013 with 15 units.
The most important topics about HRV as streamable educational films Repeat and deepen your knowledge of the life fire and HRV with our videos on the Internet. Compact information can be retrieved at any time. When, as often and wherever you want.
Objective: You are well versed in all terms of HRV and can interpret the life fire spectrogram. You know the individual frequency ranges and how to evaluate them accordingly. You know the most important numerical values and parameters of HRV and can assign their pattern constellations to physical states such as bodily performance, tiredness, exhaustion, etc. You can answer questions about stress and stress symptoms and know the 12 stages of burnout. You know how and when sleep is restful and how this is reflected in HRV and in the life fire.
- Basics on HRV
- The human as a time and frequency phenomenon
- The spectrogram and its story of origin
- The 3 frequency ranges – time and frequency calculations in HRV
- Talent and personality diagnostics in HRV
- The world of the life fire – exemplary example pictures with detailed explanations
- Stress – Causes and Consequences
- Differentiation of acute and chronic stress, chronic fatigue, exhaustion and burnout in HRV
- Burnout and its stages
- Regeneration and sleep
- Sports and HRV
- Background, diagnostics, image training, interventions
- Exemplary sample images with detailed explanations
Module 2 is recognized by the Berufsverband Österreichischer PsychologInnen (BÖP) as a further education and training event according to § 33 of the Psychologists Act 2013 with 4 units.
The message of the picture
HRV for advanced in theory and practice!
This intensive continuing education focuses on delivering the message of the Lifefire through purposeful conversation. How can the process of an HRV counseling session be made understandable, feasible, and meaningful? Talent- and rhythm-oriented coaching in theory and practice as the basis of a successful intervention. With the specialist knowledge acquired from the previous modules, we move on to practical work. You will receive an introduction to the structure and set-up of an HRV consultation and learn how to prepare for it in concrete terms. During the seminar you will develop your first coaching conversation based on the measurement of a seminar participant and conduct it in front of the other participants.
Goal: You know how to prepare for an HRV consultation, recognize personalities and nutritional types from the measurement and can use this knowledge for a successful coaching. You can filter out the essential message of the measurement, deliver it, and translate it into specific objectives.
- Coaching: Theory and Background
- Salutogenesis and psychosocial health
- The SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis of an HRV measurement as a “distillate” of all information
- The mediation: the HRV consultation based on the C.O.A.C.H. guideline
- The message of the life fire image: procedure of a consultation
- The teaching of lifestyle-changing content (health coaching / potential coaching)
- Meaning (Logotherapy and Existential Analysis) / Comprehensibility (Constructivism) / Feasibility (Autonomy Training)
- Image training based on physiological laws as the basis of every expertise
- Interventions based on the 3 frequency ranges
- Discussion of concrete example measurements from practice
Module 3 is recognized by the Berufsverband Österreichischer PsychologInnen (BÖP) as a further education and training event in accordance with § 33 of the Psychologists Act 2013 with 15 units.
Documented cases from our own practice
The gateway to the certified HRV professional – the qualification for the exam in two parts:
A. Protocols: In this part, protocols of 10 sample measurements are to be made on the basis of a defined procedure.
For the measurements required for this, each participant will receive voucher codes for the uploads of the required measurements credited to his account. The quality and scope of the protocols are included in the evaluation of the final test.
B. Community Posts: In addition, 10 responses to posts in the Autonom Health Community must be written. One of these contributions will be included in the oral examination.
Goal: Prepare for the exam, gain practical experience, get to know each other and participate in the Autonom Health Community
Submission deadline: The protocols must be submitted at least 4 weeks before the examination date. The community contributions must be completed at least 1 week before the exam date.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of all 4 HRV training modules
Within the framework of a theoretical part, the analysis of a given exam measurement and an exam interview based on it, knowledge and coaching competence are tested. Upon successful completion, you will receive the certificate “Certified HRV Professional by Autonom Health”.
- Theory part: Single-choice test with questions from the topics of the Autonom Health training modules and the HRV textbook.
- Exam measurement: A given measurement is prepared for the oral exam on the basis of the SWOT analysis for statements, results and message.
- Oral part of the exam: Presentation and discussion of the prepared exam measurement as well as justification of a self-posted contribution in the Autonom Health Community.
Goal: Certified HRV Professional by Autonom Health
HRV certificate training
HRV Basic Training
- What is health
- What is HRV
- From ECG to HRV
- Difference between pulse and heartrate
- Derivation of the pulse curve
- The LifeFire
- Basic pattern
- Physical activity
- Selected measurements
HRV Advanced Training
Chapter 1: Principles
- Heartrate- and tachogram-display
- Sampling rate and filtering
- The emergence of the spectrogram
- The spectrogram in its details
Chapter 2: Advanced software for HRV-analysis
- The upgrading of “My Autonom Health measurements”
- Analysis overview
- Vital Analysis
- Med Analysis
Chapter 3: Advanced pattern recognition in HRV diagnostics
- The “ingredients” of correct HRV-diagnostics
- Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia
- The difference between regeneration and fatigue
- Exhaustion in detail
- Flow in detail
Chapter 4: Sleep
- Basic Rest Activity Cycle (BRAC)
- Sleep stages in HRV
- Regeneration is relaxation & recreation
- Breathing in sleep and the relation of pulse-frequency to breathing-frequency
- Snoring and apnea
- Day performance causes sleep quality – sleep quality causes day performance
Chapter 5: Physical activities and sports
- How to log different forms os activation
- HRV and performance
- Training parameters
- Neurophysiological stress (NPS)
- Dynamic C
Chapter 6: Causes and consequences of stress
- Stress definition and differentiation
- Stress and society
- Stress and our brain
- Stress and HRV
- Stress – constitution, impulses and stimulus processing
Chapter 7: The Autonom Health Community
HRV Professional Training
Chapter 1: Principles
- Time domain parameter in HRV
- Very low frequency
- Low frequency
- High frequency
- Ultra low frequency
- Total frequency
- Cardiac arrhythmia
Chapter 2: Special pattern recognition in HRV
- Good ability to concentrate and mental focusing
- Nutritional behavior
- Overview of patterns for correct HRV analysis
Chapter 3: Special Software for HRV-analysis
- Science software
- HRV-glossary & Portal-guide
Chapter 4: Various examples of measurements from the HRV training folder
- High performance HRV
- Good life
- Unhealthy lifestyle
Chapter 5: Burnout
- What is burnout
- Etiological factors and consequences
- Phases and stages
- Analyzing burnout with HRV
- Extreme vagus overactivation as a special form of burnout
- How to diagnose burnout
Chapter 6: HRV Coaching
- What is, how to measure and how to create health
- How to transform HRV-data into coaching
- How to transform LifeFire-graphics into coaching
- HRV typology for coaching
- SWOT-analysis to identify the message of an HRV analysis
- The C-O-A-O-C-H process
Chapter 7: Interactive learning in groups
- Interactive coaching course
- Discussion of cases
Chapter 8: Interactive coachings one on one
- Interactive coaching of participants