Comparison of Autonom Health and other providers
How is the Autonom Health-HRV different
from other systems on the market?
You can measure HRV in different ways. The question is, how big, how simple and how reliable is the benefit of the measurements and, above all, how valid are the results?
The highly precise 24/7 monitoring from Autonom Health enables the current performance to be recorded and controlled precisely in real time within 5 minutes. We have learned over years what health is, how to measure and improve it. Users and healthcare providers benefit from this know-how and the technologies developed.
- Often punctual pulse measurements are carried out on the wrist.
- We carry out HRV measurements in the immediate vicinity of the heart by detecting the R spikes on the ECG – 1000 times per second!
- Smartwatches measure with reflected light, i.e. not electrically, but optically. A pulse wave is recorded that has no peak and changes depending on the movement and posture of the arm. You can measure average pulse values, but you cannot obtain raw data for heart rate variability (HRV).
- Raw data for heart rate variability (HRV) can only be obtained with an ECG with the appropriate sampling rate. HRV is considered the key technology for future health management.
- Optical “beat-to-beat measurements” provide neither exact nor reliable data and are usually unsuitable for longer tracking in everyday life. See also: “Heart Rate Variability analysis and data quality evaluation in non-invasive wearable biosensors“
- ECG-accurate 24-hour measurement with activity recording, comprehensive automated, highly accurate performance analysis, explanations and personalized recommendations.
- Artifacts and / or extrasystoles occur during each measurement and falsify the measurement results without an appropriate filter system.
- Our multiple filter system ensures that no cardiac arrhythmias and artifacts affect the analyses.
- The shorter the measurement, the vaguer the statements made.
A 3-minute measurement with an optical sensor contradicts the guidelines of the Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology.
- An HRV short-term measurement cannot be compared to an ECG-accurate 24-hour measurement with a comprehensive, automated, highly precise performance analysis, explanations and personalized recommendations.
suitability for everyday use
- Measurements by a provider provide usable data during sleep. However, since measurements are made optically, the device and software are neither intended nor suitable for everyday tracking.
- Our measuring devices can be used reliably in any everyday situation (including showering, swimming, sauna etc.).
- An ECG-accurate measurement with a watch on your wrist is only possible when you are at rest and if you hold your finger on the crown. This means that 24/7 HRV monitoring is not possible.
- We use HRV devices or chest belts that are firmly connected with electrodes to the upper body of the measured person. These provide everyday measurements with clean results.
- Many providers report a few, sometimes only a single parameter and do not explain the meaning of these values. There are no recommendations either.
- We offer detailed explanations and recommendations and combine all relevant HRV parameters into easily understandable statements. You can see exactly how you are doing during individual activities and what that means for your own health.
- Some parameters invented by some providers can be confusing.
- All of the HRV parameters we use comply 100% with the guidelines of the Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology for performing and analyzing HRV measurements.
- Results are usually presented in a few numbers.
- It’s not just the data. What matters is what you make of it. We deliver a 5-minute performance analysis with algorithms based on physiological laws.
- Measurements during a training session and / or short-term measurements in the morning provide only limited insight into the actual condition of the person being measured.
- Repeated 24-hour measurements and hard indices specially developed for sports analyze the quality of training, regeneration and the effects of all living conditions.
peer group relevance
- Measurement results are not correlated with age and gender.
- Unlike most other medical findings, HRV data show a strong age and gender dependency. This fact is considered in the analyzes by Autonom Health. All data and results collected are correlated with peer groups.
intra-individual longitudinal section
- There is no relation to the respective activities of a measurement and also not to the course of several measurements.
- The second essential pillar of correct HRV diagnostics is the “intra-individual longitudinal section”. Autonom Health incorporates the artificial intelligence of itsalgorithms into the results of its own previous measurements and thus enables a new quality of accuracy.
- Isolated groups of individual areas such astechnology or sports work in the field of HRV. Medical skills are often lacking.
- The Autonom Health Team – doctors, psychologists and natural scientists – has been working with experts in biosignal processing, IT and technology for almost two decades to make the best possible use of HRV.
- There is a lack of reference databases andtransparency of the analysis processes.
- Autonom Health provides the largest specific database on long-term HRV measurements.
data protection and data safety
- Autonom Health does not share data with third parties. Data does not go to the USA.
- Some providers focus on prevention. I.e. disease or risk factors are searched for. Essentially, it is cardiac arrhythmia and especially atrial fibrillation.
- We can do that, as well, but use it more as additional information. We are concerned with exploring what health is, how it can be measured and sustainably improved. We are in the necessary change from disease to health management. This happens not only for medical reasons, but also for economic reasons.
- The doctor or coach is responsible for interpreting the results,
- HRV must not become a “secret science” with its own interpretations. We have been offering comprehensive HRV trainingfor years and have already certified more than 1,100 people as HRV professionals.